The mission of the Transportation Council is to promote and support, throughout the
Rutland Region, an integrated transportation system that facilitates commerce and
communication and enhances quality of life.
Toward this realization, the Council:
1. Identifies the roles of the various transportation modes,
2. Analyzes the conditions of each transportation mode,
3. Involves the citizens of all the Region's communities to discover their transportation needs and hopes,
4. Establishes feasible, prioritized plans to achieve needed changes and improvements for each transportation mode, and
5. Works with the Region's communities, the Rutland Regional Planning Commission (RRPC), the Agency of Transportation, and members of the legislature to accomplish agreed-upon changes and improvements.